Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Take Some Time for You!

We all need a Calgon moment now and again. That can come as a retreat to the manicurist, a retreat to the tub or maybe an actual retreat! I know what you're thinking. "Abby, I've got two kids and a million things on my calendar. I don't have time for a weekend retreat." How about a day? How about a few hours?

The Mother's Prayer Group of St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Tampa sent me word of a Mom's Retreat led by Sister Paula Hagen, the author of Ministry of Mothers Sharing (among other accolades). There are two sessions. The morning starts with 8:30 Mass and it's all about the "Blessings of Motherhood." What caught my eye in this session is a reflection on the Beatitudes from a mother's perspective. I'm sure "Blessed are the peacemakers" is one you can relate to!

The evening session starts at 5:30 and is about "Finding Hope in Chaos". One of the themes is ways to deal with fear. I think from the moment our children come into the world, there is something we can fear in regard to them. What a great theme!

It's October 10th and all are invited. Catholic or not. It's just $25 for one session or $35 for both. If you want info or to register, email Lilly at casagreico@aol.com.

A little renewal might be just what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment