Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wednesday's Not-Quite-Weekly Wecipe

 I know! It's Thursday. I tried to get on here last night and I was rejected. I've been turned away by better blogs!

Today's recipe is the one that will cause you to raise your fist in anger towards me. It's so good. And so bad. Have you made Monkey Bread before? It's so easy I have the recipe memorized.

2 cans Pillsbury Grands - homestyle
1/2 c white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice too)
handful of raisins (optional - I didn't use them)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 c butter, melted

Cut the biscuits into quarters. Fill a large bag with the white sugar and spices of your choice. Shake the biscuit bites in the sugar. I did about a quarter of the batch at a time or else they don't get adequate sugar coverage and we can't have that now can we?! Place the biscuit pieces in a bunt cake/angel food pan randomly, but even in height around the entire circle. If you choose to toss in raisins, drop them in randomly as you place the biscuit pieces down.

Combine the melted butter & brown sugar. Grab a straw and drink it. Just kidding. You'll be tempted! Pour it over the biscuits.

Bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes. When you take it out, flip it on the a large platter with a lip because the melted brown sugary goodness will pour down and form a glorious pool of love around the edge. Mmm... It's best eaten right away, but I've kept it over night and eaten it the next day and as my bad-grammar-using alter ego likes to say, "There ain't nothin' wrong with that!"

This is a great treat for the morning after a sleepover. When the kids wake up they can tear at this Monkey Bread, have a nice sugar high and then crash!

Large Man says: 10 out of 10
Fire Extinguisher Readiness Scale: 1 - easy peasy!
Calories: Don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment