Monday, November 4, 2013

All Aboard!

Choo Choo! The potty train is leaving the station! Yes, next weekend we are ditching the diapers and attempting the 3-Day Potty Training program. I've heard from a number of people that it works, but it's hard work and mentally exhausting for the primary "trainer". My best friend advised that I have a glass of wine handy for the end of the day.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm not enticed by the idea that it could be done in three days, but it's not totally selfish motives that have made me choose this method. I like that it's a cold turkey method. I can't remember being potty trained, but I imagine it would be kind of confusing to go from underwear to diapers, from potty to pants... Liam is excited to go on the potty and to not wear any diapers. I just hope his excitement translates to communication & cooperation.

Please pray for me. For the grace to be patient, persistent & wise. And please pray for my carpets.

What method worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment