Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday's Weekly Wecipe, For When You're Sick of Turkey

Every year on the night before Thanksgiving I want to make sure I don't eat anything that is going to spoil my appetite for the big turkey dinner. And then at the other bookend is post-Thanksgiving when you're about to grow feathers from so much turkey consumption. So what's the answer? Pizza? How about something cheaper and more delicious?

This is a Pioneer Woman recipe and it was very very tasty! It's pasta with artichokes & tomatoes in a cream sauce. MMM. My husband said it needed a few more spices, but that his second helping (ahem) had more flavor. This is super affordable as it's just pasta, artichokes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cheese, garlic and onion along with some spices that you probably already have in your pantry. Oh, and you can't forget the heavy cream, which you probably have on hand from a Thanksgiving dish, unless you polished it off with a piece of pumpkin pie. I added shrimp to my large man's bowl because he likes protein in his dinner.

Large Man Says: 8 out of 10.
Fire Extinguisher Readiness (difficulty level): 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment