Friday, November 30, 2012

Here We Go Again!

In case you missed our announcement at 7:10 this morning, the Christmas Town Word of the Day is "Baby." We teased that it was a "special edition" of the CTWOTD and then revealed that I am pregnant with bambino numero dos!


We've been hanging on to this tidbit since early September. I actually took the pregnancy test the day after my son's first birthday. GULP. Right before I took the test I prayed the Lord's Prayer with a special emphasis on "thy will be done." We were not trying to have a baby and if I had my way, I'd have the kids perfectly spaced out. I have no idea what perfectly spaced out looks like, by the way. When that plus sign appeared (and I really didn't think I was pregnant, I just took the test because I had this nagging thought that it was possible and I was supposed to start that day. I figured why wait with anxiousness until I'm a day or three late. Just take it so you can have that piece of mind.) I looked up and said out loud to God, "VERY FUNNY!"

So here we go again! As of today I am nearing 16 weeks along. We are due May 23rd. Liam and his new brother or sister will be about 20 months apart. I'm a little overwhelmed when I think about that, but I know a lot of people who have kids that are much closer together. I am thrilled at the thought of them being best buds. Liam will have a forever friend and playmate.

We are abundantly blessed and as always, when it comes to sharing this journey on the air and this blog, please know I am always thinking and praying for those who are struggling to conceive or have lost a child. I am grateful for any prayers you can offer for this new little life.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so excited for you and your growing family! My boys are 18 months apart. We didn't "plan" it that way (you know what they say about plans -- "we make plans and God laughs"), and there are definitely moments when it seems overwhelming, but it is completely worth it because they are really close. They play together, and laugh together, and, in those moments (to quote "Hope Floats"), my cup truly runneth over. There is nothing like it. Another benefit: My older son seemed to adjust much better to having a younger sibling than I expected because he was really too young to remember much (if anything) of a time before he had a baby brother. So, that was one less stressor for us and will likely be for you as well. As an aside, my husband and I just found out we are expecting baby number 3 (due in July two weeks after my youngest turns two -- so much for "spacing"!!!), and now that I'm in the midst of the nasty morning sickness/fatigue I have to say how impressed I am that you have been on the air every morning and so perky during that tough trimester!!! That's amazing!!! All the best to you throughout your pregnancy and my prayers are with you and your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you as well!! I know SO many people who are pregnant, but until your email and now Kate Middleton (the Duchess!) everyone I heard about was due before me. My niece and nephew are 17 months apart and already they are super cute together. I am excited for Liam, but just a little scared for myself and my hair. It's already going gray!!

      Thanks for the prayers. I'll be saying them for you as well!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Remember, God's timing is perfect. Mine are 21 months apart. The first year was tough, but they have been best friends ever since. My son will be 19 in December and my daughter 21 in March! Love every minute of it..they grow sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yours are no longer in diapers I'm guessing... I'm gonna go broke buying those things! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! And welcome to the 2 under 2 club! ;) I definitely agree with the first poster about the first adjusting easier because they are so close. My 2 boys are 17 months apart and although it is frustrating at time, I love it! And with the diapers, I highly recommend going cloth. Get some pocket diapers or AIOs. They're easy to use and clean. I spent probably around $200 and have enough diapers for both of my boys until they are potty trained. Ebay has good deals:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I considered cloth diapers with Liam but we just went with regular. We've been quite blessed to not have to buy that many. We received so many as gifts that we've been well-stocked. I know that will change with baby #2. Not as many gift givers!

    So are there meetings for the 2 under 2 club? Are they at the nut house? :) Or just somewhere very quiet?!

    ReplyDelete