Monday, August 20, 2012

A Bit of a Mish Mash

I'm back from vacation with so much to share with you!

First, this morning we talked about ways to save $$ on school lunches. A lot of this is common sense, but maybe you're like me and lacking that every once in a while. Here's the article from iMom.com. The biggest take-away: stop buying pre-packaged individual portions. Bag those Cheez-Its yourself & save!

Next up: I'm going to trademark the abbreviation, DIYWSH. You probably know DIY- Do It Yourself. I take on DIY projects every once in a while, but they always turn into "Do It Yourself With Some Help". I get these hair-brained ideas and like Lucy on I Love Lucy drags poor Ethel into her mess, I pull in my husband.

The latest project, WINDOW CORNICES! I've been wanting to do these for a while. They definitely pretty up the joint. I'm doing three windows in my breakfast nook and then a 12 foot long sliding door in my living room. Crazy. If you want to know how to do this, email me. Not that I'm an expert, but I can tell you the basics and keep you from making the mistakes I made. Have you ever tried a DIY and needed a little "WSH"?

Here's a before of the breakfast nook (with my helper!)
And an after. Sorry for the bad lighting.
Have you read Julie's blog lately? She has great words of wisdom about balancing the priorities in your life, specifically family & personal fitness. Julie is in good shape, but she'll tell you, she's not a fitness expert, so I think it's a great perspective from someone who just wants to stay healthy, not necessarily conquer the Iron Woman! I'm going to chat with her about this on the air later this week.

And Jennifer's blog has her experience with 3 Day Potty Training!! Too good to be true? She says it works! She also sounds off on what not to ask an adoptive parent (like "How much did he cost?"). This might keep you from putting your foot in your mouth!

So happy to be back! We had a great vacation at home. It reminded me of how great my husband is and how fun my kiddo is! Sometimes life is so hectic it's hard to take notice of that. So my advice today: don't wait until you have a week of vacation to spend some QT with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment