Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe

Alright, this is a quick one because I am on vacation & not cooking. :) Yep, that's the excuse.

Becky, a listener & friend on Facebook posted the recipe for Peanut Butter Popcorn and said, "Stop what you're doing & make this immediately." I'm a girl who follows directions, so I gave it a try. 


My husband is a peanut butter fanatic, so I made this hoping it would be a hit with him. It was! Another neat thing is that when it comes to snacks for the kiddos, this isn't too unhealthy. Don't be intimidated by the homemade popcorn thing. It's so easy & once you try it, you'll never go back to the microwaved kind. Just cover the bottom of a saucepan with oil (I use veg) then a single layer of corn kernels. Put on med/high heat & give it a shake every few seconds until it has popped. Easy peasy!

Large Man says: 9 out of 10 with the suggestion of a chocolate drizzle (and I concur)
Fire Extinguisher Readiness Scale: 2

I don't know why, but my computer won't post a picture of this popcorn! Maybe blogger is on a diet.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, sounds delicious! I have never tried making homemade popcorn, but the, "Don't be intimidated by the homemade popcorn thing. It's so easy & once you try it, you'll never go back to the microwave kind." has sold me!!! Enjoy your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so delicious! And you know what you're eating!

    ReplyDelete