Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday's Weekly Wecipe

If you're like me, you get totally bummed out when a recipe says, "Tastes just like Chinese take-out!" and then tastes NOTHING like Chinese take-out.

This time, I can attest that this Slow Cooker Pepper Steak really does taste as good as the stuff you get from one of the Chinese places.



Tips:

  • I have tried it over rice and pasta and trust me when I say- GO RICE! The rice soaks up the juices and it is so tasty. 
  • Don't over cook the steak when you brown it. It only needs a little color. Cooking it too long will just make it tough by the time it's done in the slow cooker. 
  • I've lessened the amount of sugar in the sauce and it's just as good. 
  • Here's a time-saver: Buy enough for two batches and as you cut your veggies, cut enough for next time, then freeze it all. I put the sliced onions, tomatoes and peppers into a Ziploc and pop 'em in the freezer along with the portion of raw sliced steak (still in wrap from store). Then when it comes time to do this one again, all you have to do is brown the steak, whip up the sauce and toss it all in the slow cooker. 

Large Man Says: 8 out of 10
Fire Extinguisher Readiness (difficulty level): 3 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment