Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday's Weekly Wecipe

I figured, why fight the slip of the tongue. Just go with it! It's a "wecipe"!

I can't promise the recipes will always be fancy, in fact, I promise they won't, but here it is, the first "Wednesday's Weekly Wecipe."

Here's a Weight Watchers recipe that I just tried for the first time. Italian Stuffed Peppers. They were D-licious!

Some changes I made: Instead of tomato juice, I used tomato sauce. I also added some standard spices (oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder & parsley) to the mix before stuffing the peppers.

It was super easy. Here's my sum up of the instructions: Mix the cooked rice with the raw lean ground beef, spices, tomato sauce and some parmesan cheese (I used shaved parm so I'd come across a nice chunk every once in a while). Spoon it into the peppers and place them in a 3 qt saucepan. Then pour tomato sauce mixed with the same spices into the saucepan and over the peppers. I used more sauce than called for because I wanted them juicy.

Here's a picture of them pre-cooked.


Put it on the stovetop on med-high heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and then simmer. Instructions said 25 minutes, but ours took at least 30 and then I put them in the oven to finish them off. Oh, and I added some mixed romano & parm cheeses to the top for a quick broil. Sorry, Weight Watchers! Before the cheese toppers, they are 6 points each. They were so good that I forgot an "After" picture! I had to snap a shot of the leftover pepper I took for lunch.


Josh gave them a thumbs-up! Tip if you have any big eaters: Since peppers are pricey, I put a little bit of the cooked rice and beef to the side to make up an Italian Dirty Rice for Josh because I knew he'd want more and wouldn't care about presentation. These pepps are nutritious AND delicious!


Large Man Says: 7 out of 10
Fire Extinguisher Readiness (difficulty level): 4 out of 10



Do you have a favorite healthy and easy-to-make recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment