Monday, July 9, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Happy Monday! Pull up any website or ask any woman on the street, "What's the best thing I can do for my child?" and you'll get 102 different answers. The BEST thing you can do for your child is to pray for him. I think the second best thing (so this is answer #103) is to love and respect his father. This morning we talked about this article from iMOM about the different areas of his life that a man wants to feel respected. I mentioned a Facebook post I saw that said something along the lines of, "...my crappy husband...". Please, ladies! What kind of example are we setting for our children if we tear apart their fathers? No. It's not always easy and some days they haven't earned our respect, but we HAVE to show it.

Have you checked out the Mom Squad Bloggers' pages? Julie has a great write-up about Archbishop Fulton Sheen (did you know actor, Martin Sheen chose the last name "Sheen" as his stage name because of him?) and a recipe for couscous. Kati talks about unexpected surprises (ahem, some of our babies!), and Danielle, well Danielle is laugh-out-loud funny.

And Julie has a second blog with some great summer free-b's!

Be sure to comment on our giveaway below before Friday to get in the running for the prize!

Now, I'm off to find a recipe for Peanut Butter Pie. It's Josh's birthday and I have NOTHING for him. I'm thinking he won't notice the non-present if he is hypnotized by the smell of peanut butter & chocolate! I think I'm going to try the Pioneer Woman recipe. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment